Friday, August 3, 2012

eagle river

down by eagle river
 swift silent misty black
i gaze into the water
while the water looks right back
the night it rolled like rotting,
logs upon the shore.
as it had on eagle river before.
 down by eagle river
strong drinks and rusty wires.
we made ourselfs a place,
to light the our nightly fire.
and our chills slowly subsidded,
as our bodies weaved in tight.
 and we held on strong like we'de never see the light.
 with our hands wrapped tight you whispered in my ear,
you brought me from loneliness to find some refuge here,
with your body for a blanket,
and our love burning so bright,
you've found a place where we can be alone tonight.
 and i responded kindly in return,
as i kissed your soft tight hips,
you make me happy, in a way ive never known to exists.
tell me your dreams,
as my mouth finds your soft lips.
far off our worries faded away like our fire in the ground,
giving way to our burning desire.
and our two dreams collided,showering us with light,
no voices to scream at us that this isn't right.
and as our passion slowly faded,
 i traced upon your back
your chest rises steady, as my mind finds pitch-black.
 as my eyes open to morning, I
feel and absence at my back.
and i strain to see you, but only eagle river stares back.

No comments:

Post a Comment